Monday, August 6, 2012

LENEA AND CRETE -15- TRUE CLOSING



You would think, a professor of 53 years of age, 30 years in academia would be more competent with digital medium by now, right? Well, some are not, dinasour or not, for some reason, I resist learning more than I need to until it is a must when it comes to digital world. I guess, I am still romantic about voice and writing (hand writing the better), old school stuff for some. It looks like now is the time to learn how to insert important images into what I post. It wasn't that difficult either, tiny bit of attention solved the problem. I don't know why I procrastinated for so long.

I had to share with you my Lenea. The woman with a big smile as big as her heart, in the below picture is Lenea, making Greek coffee for me to serve in that huge cup, rather pitcher that will set my heart into a race like no other. The chair she will make me rest in is in the middle of the room behind her, in front of which is the white plastic stool she will sit on across from me. Her citrus and her life story that she shared with me meant the world to me during my visit in Crete. What a welcome from half a century away. I am grateful Lenea'cim, more than you can imagine. If anybody, who reads this post knows her contact information, mail, e-mail, phone number, I would really appreciate to have it all. I know Lenea would love to have a copy of these pictures. She will eventually get them most probably via in person-delivery, but the sooner the better.

Oh, now that I acquired a new skill, I will use it just like a child does, non-stop and insert critical pictures of events into my previous posts, if you care to review, you are more than welcomed to do so. I will start updating from most recent to least.

                                    Lenea, her caminato and coffee making before her citrus

Ugly looking but most delicious, my coffee is simmering

Her kuzina both to heat and cook; just like my grandmother's that I still have in my summer house in Kusadasi, Turkey, to warm up the house during winter visits

No comments: