Saturday, November 4, 2017

TURKEY FALL 2017 - 6 - AFTER 40 YEARS


After 40 years

Kids we were…
40 years ago, playful, fun, mean, rowdy
Merciless in our labels for others

My father has put me in a box
All the kids are blurry through the box
All the friends of my youth…

The day comes at last
I tear apart the box
Father not a happy camper

Fly away
Find a tree
Fertilize the blossoms into an apple
Fly again the apple of my eye tucked in my wings
Far-far away, across the ocean

A new shimmer on my fur…

Paths parted, decades go by
One day I come back
A friend brings the old box
Was it this small?
All those years?
Try as she may
To fit me in the box
I am too plump to fit in its confines…

I look at the mirror deep and long
I smile, the box on my head
Looks like a hair pin
She must have played a sweet joke…
 
The question is...
Who am I still trying to keep in a box
Whether I do...
Of 40 years of age
What if the who might be
Bigger than life...
 
Curiosity
Hope
Patience
Tears washing my face anew...

Ataturk Airport, Istanbul 
10/16/2017

No comments: